- Check your smartphone or Device
In case of a lost connection to the DEVI Smart App check that your device/ Smartphone are connected - a ‘lost connection’ notice will show on the screen. Follow the device message to reconnect to the network.
- Check your DEVIregTM Smart thermostat connection
There are many factors that might cause your DEVIregTM Smart thermostat to be off-line occasionally. Before spending the time troubleshooting your home network, you should verify that one of these more common issues aren’t causing the problem:
1. The connection to the Internet at your home is down
2. A power failure at home
3. There is a problem with your Wi-Fi router
You can test this by verifying that your phone can connect to the Internet via the same Wi-Fi network.
If you are still experiencing problems – check these troubleshooting steps:
- Restart Wi-Fi Router and/or Access point
- Check the router parameters – the table below shows the recommended settings for the DEVIregTM
- Try to connect the DEVIregTM Smart to a mobile hotspot using your smartphone
- Restart the DEVIregTM Smart
- Check for 2.4 GHz interference – There is more details below about the types of devices that could be interrupting the signal.
- Check the parental controls on your Wi-Fi router/access point and other firewall settings (Refer to your Wi-Fi router documentation to see if this feature is enabled on your network and how you can exempt the DEVIregTM Smart from these restrictions).
- Update your Wi-Fi access point or router’s firmware